Our Technology and Expertise
SleepScore technology, developed by ResMed, monitors sleep, using highly-accurate bio-motion and environmental sensors, from the comfort of one’s own bed. This market-leading level of precision has taken 10+ years and millions of nights of data to develop, and has been tested against the gold standard (Polysomnography or PSG) in accredited sleep labs, and validated in clinical research and published studies throughout the world. The S+ by ResMed is the first product to utilize SleepScore technology and has received several awards including the prestigious RedDot, Frost & Sullivan Product Excellence, and CES Innovation Awards.
See the list of studies based on the technology that goes into S+ by ResMed:
- E. O’Hare, D. Flanagan, T. Penzel, C. Garcia, D. Frohberg, C. Heneghan, “A comparison of radio-frequency biomotion sensors and actigraphy versus polysomnography for the assessment of sleep in normal subjects”, Sleep Breath. 2014 Mar 11.
- M. Pallin, E. O’Hare, A. Zaffaroni, P. Boyle, C. Fagan, B. Kent, C. Heneghan, P. de Chazal, W.T. McNicholas, “Comparison of a novel non-contact biomotion sensor with wrist actigraphy in estimating sleep quality in patients with obstructive sleep apnoea”, J Sleep Res. Feb 2014.
- A. Zaffaroni, B. Kent, E O’Hare, C. Heneghan, P. Boyle, G. O’Connell, M. Pallin, P. de Chazal and W. McNicholas, “Assessment of sleep-disordered breathing using a non-contact bio-motion sensor,” J. Sleep Research, Apr 2013;22(2):231-6.
- T. Ballal, R. Shouldice, C. Heneghan, A. Zhu, “Breathing Rate Estimation from a Non-Contact Biosensor Using an Adaptive IIR Notch Filter”, Biomedical Wireless Technologies, Networks, and Sensing Systems (BioWireleSS), 2012 IEEE Topical Conference on, Jan 2012.
- P. de Chazal, N. Fox, E. O’Hare, C. Heneghan, A. Zaffaroni, P. Boyle, S. Smith, C. O’Connell, W.T. McNicholas “Sleep/wake measurement using a non-contact biomotion sensor” J Sleep Res. 2011 Jun;20(2):356-66.
- R. Shouldice, C. Heneghan, P. Gabor, A. Zaffaroni, P. Boyle, W. McNicholas, “Real Time Breathing Rate Estimation from a Non Contact Biosensor”, 32nd IEEE EMBS, Annual International Conference, Aug 2010, Buenos Aires, Argentina.
- M. Pallin, E. O’Hare, P. Boyle, A. Zaffaroni, P. De Chazal, W.T. McNicholas, “Comparison of a Novel Non−Contact Motion Sensor with Wrist Actigraphy in Estimating Sleep Quality in Obstructive Sleep Apnea Patients”, Am J Respir Crit Care Med, 179, 2009.
- A. Zaffaroni, P. de Chazal, C. Heneghan, W. McNicholas , P. Boyle, P. Ronayne, “Sleepminder: An Innovative Contact-Free Device for the Estimation of the Apnoea-Hypopnoea Index”, 31st IEEE EMBS, Annual International Conference, Sept 2009, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
- P. de Chazal, N. Fox, E. O’Hare, C. Heneghan, “Assessment of Sleep/Wake Patterns Using a Non-Contact Biomotion Sensor”, 30th IEEE EMBS, Annual International Conference, Aug 2008, Vancouver, Canada.
- N. Fox, C. Heneghan, M. Gonzalez, R. Shouldice, P. De Chazal “An Evaluation of a Non-contact Biomotion Sensor with Actimetry”, 29th IEEE EMBS, Annual International Conference, Aug 2007, Lyon, France
- T. Ballal, C. Heneghan, A. Zaffaroni, P. Boyle, P. de Chazal, R. Shouldice, W. McNicholas, S. Donnelly “A pilot study of nocturnal respiration rates in COPD patients in the home environment using a non-contact biomotion sensor” in Physiological Measurement, 35(12):2513-2720. Dec 2014.
- A. Zaffaroni, L. Gahan, L. Collins, E. O’Hare, C. Heneghan, C. Garcia, I. Fietze, T. Penzel, “Automated sleep staging classification using a non-contact biomotion sensor”. Abstracts. J. Sleep Research, 23: 105. Sep 2014.